50 Glorious Years: Episode 51 - 2013
The 50th Anniversary year was a fitting celebration for the Golden Anniversary of the greatest television series of all time. It is debatable what the biggest highlight of the year was. In might have been:
- the colour footage of William Hartnell and the other Doctor’s integrated into The Name of the Doctor.
- the introduction of John Hurt as a Doctor from the past we never knew about.
- the live announcement of Peter Capaldi as the 12th Doctor.
- the announcement of the recovery of the 5 missing episodes of The Enemy of the World and 4 of the 5 missing episodes from The Web of Fear, with pretty strong rumours for more missing episodes to come.
- the surprise return of Paul McGann to the role, allowing us to see his regeneration at last in The Night of the Doctor.
- the 50th Anniversary special, The Day of the Doctor generally.
- the surprise appearance of Peter Capaldi’s eyes in The Day of the Doctor.
- the appearance of all of the Doctors in The Day of the Doctor.
- the surprise return of Tom Baker, on screen with another Doctor at the same time for the first time ever
- The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot
- the regeneration of Matt Smith into Peter Capaldi in The Time of the Doctor;
or, something else entirely. Maybe the entire year. What dear reader, do you think?
Posted by Luca on Sunday, March 2 at 9:54 am